Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Mix beef, sausage and bread crumbs in large bowl. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 1/2 inch thick and 3 1/2 inches in diameter. Cover and grill patties 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°.
How long do burgers and sausages take on the BBQ?
Arrange your sausages as far from the heat source as possible or as close the lid as you can. -Allow the BBQ to roast the meat. The sausages will cook in 10 to 15 minutes depending on their thickness. (It’s very handy to have the instant-read thermometer here).
How long do I cook burgers on a BBQ?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How long do you BBQ burgers on each side?
How Long to Cook a Burger on the Grill
- For a rare burger, cook for 2 minutes per side for 4 minutes total.
- For a medium-rare burger, cook for 2 minutes and thirty seconds per side for 5 minutes total.
- For a medium burger, cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side for 6 to 7 minutes total.
Should you pierce sausages on BBQ?
Never, ever prick a sausage. … Cook sausages slowly over low heat on a greased grill, turning several times. High heat will simply cause them to split their skins and expunge their precious bodily fluids. Sausages also like a little rest after cooking.
Should I cook sausages before BBQ?
1) Precook Your Meats
Most importantly though, less time in front of the bbq means you get more time to socialise with your friends. Sausages are a a great way to start – poach them in some stock to cook them through. Then simply BBQ until golden, this keeps them super juicy too!
How do you BBQ pork sausage?
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes. …
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.
What temperature should a BBQ be?
Your grill should be 400-450°F for high, 350-400°F for medium-high, 300-350°F for medium and 250-300°F for low heat. A properly heated grill sears foods on contact, keeps the insides moist and helps prevent sticking.
Do you close lid on grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. … But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How long until you can cook on a BBQ?
It takes about 30min to light a barbecue and wait for it to be at a cookable temperature. Don’t wait for your guests to show up to get started, as they’ll be hanging around, filling up on nibbles before the main event.
What temperature do you BBQ sausage?
The Best Grill Temperature for Sausage
We recommend grilling sausage at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. At very high temperatures, the casing of the sausage may split, and cause the delicious liquid to drain out of the sausage.
How do you cook sausages on a gas BBQ?
How to Grill Sausages Over Indirect Heat
- Give the sausages a minute or two over high heat. …
- After a minute or so on both sides, turn the heat on your grill down to medium. …
- Allow the BBQ to roast the meat.
- The sausages will cook in 10 to 15 minutes depending on their thickness.
How do you know when BBQ burgers are done?
The best way to tell if a burger is done is by using a thermometer. This is going to give you the most accurate assurance that your burger is cooked. You want the internal temperature to read no less than 155°F. Let the burgers rest for about 10 minutes and the internal temperature will rise to the 160°F mark.
Do you close the lid when starting a BBQ?
The lid should be open while you arrange and light your charcoal. Once the coals are well-lit, close the lid. Most charcoal grills are hotter right after lighting. The heat then tapers off.
How do you BBQ burgers?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.